Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Britney on Marriage

Much has been written about Britney Spears this past year. Most of it has not been positive. She's come off in the press looking like a fool. Some would argue that it's post-birth depression. Some would argue that it's the divorce she's gone through. Some would argue that "everyone just wants a piece of her" and she's cracked under the stress.

I try to observe the world and figure out what's really going on. I try not to judge people like Britney Spears. I try to imagine what it might be like to be her father. What would I say to her? How would I parent her? Would my relationship with her be much different than my relationship with my two adult daughters?

While reading up on everything Britney, I ran across a quote from early in her marriage to Kevin Federline. She is to have said, "I have to tell the maid to buy diapers and get the pool boy to walk the dog? Can't I just make out with Kevin all the time? Being married sucks!"

This, my friends, may give us a glimpse into all things Britney.

No comments:

Post a Comment