Search This Blog

Monday, November 01, 2010

Blog Anniversary

So today is the anniversary of my blog. I started blogging, for the very first time, on 1st November 2006. I'm not quite sure why I started blogging, but it seems that I had no shortage of things on my mind to blog about.

Over this past weekend, I scrolled through the hundreds of blogs that I've posted. To be honest, I was quite intrigued by the topics of these blogs. I wonder if there is any topic that I haven't blogged about. Could it be that I am nearly finished? Or are there more topics which I can wrestle with?

Wrestle is the correct word to use when it comes to my blogs. The overwhelming theme that I see in what I've blogged is the wrestling that I've done with particular topics. Usually I was seeking God's truth, trying to understand what it is that I didn't understand.
b
Somewhere along the line, I'd learned that I'm not always right. In fact, I think I've blogged about my own ignorance, which is vast and amazing. But being aware of one's ignorance means that one must then exert the effort to gain understanding, find God's truth, and acquire perspective. To be honest with you, it was a lot easier when I was a know-it-all.

But I've learned that there's a reason why God tells us not to lean on our own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5-6) You see, our own understanding - or at least my own understanding - is incomplete, at best. At worst it could be seriously flawed. Sometimes it's both! So I'm a pretty intelligent fellow. I'm well read, well educated and like to stay on top of world affairs. But here I am with human understanding that is both incomplete and flawed.

I feel as if I'm at some sort of turning point with this blog. I wonder if I can keep blogging and satisfy my readers. Do I really have anything more to say? Does God really want to use me to say anything? (Now that would be a good reason to keep blogging!) But I think as it is I will make no promises.

I didn't know where I was going or how I'd get there when I opened this blog exactly four (4) years ago today. Ironically, I'm in exactly the same spot today. I have no idea where I'm going with this or how I'm going to get there!

If God has more work to do in me and if my transparency can be posted on this blog for others to learn from, then that'll be quite alright. Or if God is ready for me to be quiet, I think that would be quite alright as well.

Only time will tell, so we shall see. But for now, happy 4th anniversary to my blog and its readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment