Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Missing Blogs?

I remember a few months ago, it was during the presidential campaigns. Someone who apparently reads my blogs often wrote to me and asked why I hadn't blogged about Sarah Palin. To be sure, Mrs. Palin is a blog-worthy individual. I told him I was too busy and wasn't sure what to say about her. That was at least partly true too!

The fact of the matter is that, as I've pondered why I didn't blog about Sarah Palin, I've come to realize that there are several other things I probably won't blog about. Caroline Kennedy and her quest for the New York senate seat is at the top of my list right now. Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich is on my list as well.

What else are you not likely to read about on my blog?
  • Cher.
  • Joan Crawford.
  • Laura Bush.
  • The "Barack, the magic negro" parody put out by the Republicans.
  • Israel's conflict with Syria.
  • Michael Jackson.
  • Courtney Love.
  • Britney Spears.
  • Nancy Reagan.
  • Michelle Obama's inauguration night dress.
  • Global warming.
  • Hybrid automobiles.

So this is starting to become a rather substantial list --- the things I am not likely to blog about. How is it that a man who seems to have an opinion about everything would choose to remain silent about popular topics in the news? Worry not, my faithful readers. I am not devoid of opinions on these and other people or issues on my growing list. Quite honestly, they are things I have many thoughts about.

But the honest truth is that my missing blogs, or the blogs that won't get written are relegated to that status for at least one of two reasons. First, I'm not sure I have enough information to draw reasonably sound conclusions. Second, I'm not sure I can ask sufficiently intelligent questions that would help us get to reasonably sound conclusions. Or, third, I am of the opinion that the challenges presented by these individuals or issues take humanity to such a low level that they shouldn't be further justified with any attempts at intelligent dialogue.

So if you're wondering why someone or something that the world is talking about isn't showing up on my blog, your just need to figure out which one (or more) of these three reasons apply to that person or issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment