Search This Blog

Monday, September 01, 2008

Into Africa

I think there is a movie called "Out of Africa." It came to mind as I sat to write today. Not that I've ever seen the movie. I don't even know what it's about. At any rate, I'm not coming out of Africa; rather I'm going Into Africa. I'll be gone from 1 September through 18 September. I expect to spend the entire time in the East African country of Uganda, its capital city Kampala, and two Kampala suburbs - Entebbe and Luzira.

My wife and I adopted a sibling group of eight children in Uganda last year. I'll be visiting (and staying) with them. I'll also be working at the Luzira Prison, in the maximum security men's unit. It will be a challenging time for me, and I don't expect to be able to blog during this period. For one thing, there'll be no convenient Internet access. Additionally, I expect to be fully engaged with people while I'm there. So don't expect any updates to this blog during this time. (My sister blog, Modern Day Prophet, will continue to be updated daily while I'm gone.)

If you'd like to know more about where I'm going, here are some of my favorite web links. They include the country's two largest newspapers on-line, some photo sites and quite a bit of history and culture of Uganda. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment