Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Audacity

There is a curious video making its way around the Internet these days. Part spoof, but citing verifiable facts (usually with video clips), it purports to tell us something about Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee for President of the United States.

I don't usually pass on things that I consider political propaganda. But I do like to ask questions. After watching this video, I would like to ask Mr. Obama to respond to it. Specifically I would like to know why what's talked about in this video shouldn't make us think twice about voting for this man.

You can watch the video here.

http://www.theurbangrind.net/?p=2570

As Internet videos go, this one is longer than most - about 13 minutes I think. But if any of this is true (and we know some of it is), then shouldn't we be asking questions? Don't YOU have some questions for Mr. Obama?

This man may very well become our next President here in the U.S. If so, I'm not sure what that means. The change he sells has not been defined for us. Heck, it hasn't even been implied or intimated! The fact is, most of us get caught up in his charisma and the euphoria that he whips us up into.

It would seem to me that we may be supporting Mr. Obama based on emotion. So I challenge those of us who consider ourselves Obama supporters to ask questions. Demand answers. Get the facts. Then vote based on an intelligent choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment