Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

LifeHouse Everything

I posted a link to GodTube.com recently, where one could watch a short video of a skit performed to the song, "Everything," as it was performed by the band LifeHouse. I need to blog again today about this.

I work with people who struggle through life. Life has crapped all over them --- and they don't know what to do with that. I'm more than familiar with these people, I used to be one of them. Life used to crap all over me. Things would look attractive, look good and right. But when I would turn to those things, I would get stung. It always seemed like a nasty surprise. I didn't feel grounded anywhere, and nothing ever satisfied.

The Lifehouse Everything skit depicts that life journey. It's a journey which all of us are on. Watch the video here again, or for the very first time. It's worth the watch, because it will help you see the insanity of life that we think of as "normal." The truth is that nothing is normal. In fact, that is what's normal!

http://www.godtube.com/flvplayer.swf

The words to the song that's being sung on this video are here. They're even worth a read. Ask yourself if they're true in your life.

Find me here, and speak to me.
I want to feel You; I need to hear You.
You are the light, that's leading me
to the place, where I find peace -again.
You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the life, into my soul.
You are my purpose. You're everything.
And how can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?
Would You tell me, how could it be, any better than this? (Yeah)
You calm the storms, and You give me rest.
You hold me in Your hand, You won't let me fall.
You steal my heart, and You take my breath away.
Would you take me in, take me deeper now?
And how can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?
Would You tell me, how could it be, any better than this?
And how can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?
Would You tell me, how could it be, any better than this?
Cause
You're all I want. You're all I need. You're everything, everything.
(Repeat 3 Times)
And how can I stand here with You, and not be moved by You?
Would You tell me, how could it be, any better than this?
(Repeat 3 Times)

So the band that sings this song is picking up steam regionally and nationally. They're more of a contemporary rock band, and not particularly religious. But there's truth application in this song. Paired with this video, it helps present the truth of this insane life we live in.

Christian author A.W. Tozier reckoned that the life we live is a an impossible situation that we've all been thrust into. Without Christ, there's no way we can reasonably expect to get through it with any victory. This video helps show what that looks like.

The skit is being performed in churches and youth groups and college campuses across America. Check out that band at http://www.lifehousemusic.com/ or search on http://www.godtube.com/ for other versions of this same skit, being performed by different people.

No matter how we depict or interpret the message, there is one fundamental question here for all of us who call ourselves Christ followers: How can I stand here with You, and not be moved by You?

No comments:

Post a Comment